Dental Health Expert Forum
red spots on my tongue

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

red spots on my tongue

I just recently got red spots on my tongue and that was after I was taking antibiotics for what they thought was strep well it got worse... the DR gage me Nystatin  I have taken it for aboutfour days now and the coating on the back of my tongue is still there thoat does feeel better but I also have white spots on my toncils???? I was tested four HIV about three years ago and it was OK and have not been with any one for about five months what cold it be ????
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It is difficult to diagnosis this without seeing it . It does not seem serious but a visit to an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnosis would be a good idea.