Dental Health Expert Forum
root canal done.now bubble on gum
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

root canal done.now bubble on gum

I had root canal done about 4-5 years ago.now after all that time my gum has a bubble and big swell on the side were root canal done.already went to see dentist yesterday.gave me antibiotics (amoxicillin 875mg) twice a day.start taking it immidietly and next day which is today my swell got bigger so as bubble.should I be worry?
Related Discussions
540545_tn?1377626518
It usually takes about 2-3 days for the antibiotics to really start being effective.  How large is the swelling and does it interfere in any way?  If it does, I would consider going to the ER to switch antibiotics or drain the swelling.  If its a minor swelling of just the gum area with no problems of any other sort, I would give it another day to see if it improves.

3 Comments
Blank
you were right.it start swelling down after 3 days.thank you
Blank
540545_tn?1377626518
Great.  So whats the next step?  Probably a re-treatment of the root canal I assume.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now