Dental Health Community
root canal treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

root canal treatment

Hello there, I recently had a root canal treatment for one of my tooth. What are the measurements I need to take. Is that ok to chew with that tooth. Can I floss around that tooth, I am scared to floss it.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
After undergoing a root canal, the tooth should be protected with a crown. This covers the cusps of the tooth and provide support to the root canal. Root canal teeth are more brittle than teeth and there are more chances of fracture. Measurements are taken to fix a crown of your tooth’s size and avoid malalignment.Once your crown is ready your dentist will give you a call and fix it with cementing. If you have temporary filling avoid eating hard gritty foods. Flossing may be avoided till you get  a permanent flling.Do contact your dentist.
Best luck!