root canal
I had a root canal on tooth #12, 3 weeks ago. I started having pain the next day and it getting worse as the days go on. I called the dentist 2 time in the first 2 week and they said it was normal. I went in for the crown start up at 2 weeks. I explained to my general dentist that I was still in pain. She set me up to see the root canal dentist the next day. He x-ray it again and said things look good. That I have 3 options
1. root canal over for 835.00 insurance will not cover.
2. cut the gum and go in that way  costing over $1000. that insurance may not cover.
3. removing the tooth and then having to put a bridge or inplant. All costing crazy amounts that the insurance may not cover.
My question is if it looks good then why am I in pain. Why would the dentist not just do another root canal with out charging me since he missed something the first time.
Which one do I choose, I need to be out of pain since I struggle with depression. The pain is only making it worse.
Thank you

Post -op discomfort or sensitivity of root canal treatment may last 2-4 weeks.There is usually no unbearable pain involved.If the x-ray does reveal a good result, I would suspect the presence of vertical fracture that might contribute to your unbearable pain.Verical fracture generally can not be detected in the early stage.However, as the condition goes on later, it will be demonstrated in the late stage. In the early stage, vertical fracyure can be investigated by surgical exposure of bone and root.Restoration of crown is generally postponed until the the tooth remains asymptomatic.
see an endodonist asap.. a good one will figure it out.. general dentist are horrible at doing root canals..