Dental Health Expert Forum
roxy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

roxy

i have had extensive dental work   started having pain both upper and lower teeth on right side off and on for several day.  had  dental x-ray which was negative but though i should still have a root canal because of the work i had done. next day went of my dr. and she thought cellulitis as my whole right side of my face was swollen and red. she gave me two antibiotics. the next day she sent me to the er where i have iv antibiotics and also changed my oral meds to keflex clindamycin for 10 days and helped until the last day when my face started swelling again. they refilled my last 2 meds again and it has helped again. i then saw my family dentist and she says i also need a root canal but i am concerned about the abcess (abscess) you can feel in the area from my eye to the bottom of my nose. i do not have any dental insurance. i would like to make sure my sinuses are fine and would like to know if a catscan would show any infection in my upper teeth where they think the problem is. she told me that after having the root canal if all the infection is not clear i would have to see an oral surgeon which is upsetting me because of the lack of insurance. i do have medical insurance and would like to clear that first but if it will also show any problems with my teeth i want to know if that would be my best bet to do first. if need to i will go the whole dental route.