Dental Health Community
scared anaesthesia, multiple allergies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

scared anaesthesia, multiple allergies

I have ME/CFS plus multiple allergies. Live in UK. Have upper part-denture. Recurring sinusitis. Dental consultant says can't just remove root left in from extraction of back upper molar which causing problem, has to clean sinuses. Take MAOI meds. Also, have had post operative collapse in past when not on any above meds. Says has to sedate.
Why can't he just leave sinus alone and give me usual local?
Also, just had lower canine removed, also several other lower teeth. Dentist refuses to give me denture until I have procedure. Says cannot over-rule consultant.
Also, even though ex. dentist, why does she keep leaving bits of root after extraction? Now have one each side from upper molars removed. Face looked like been in a fight after removal lower canine, so bruised. Please, please help.
Incomplete removal of a tooth is not a common practice.seeing an oral surgeon is advised, instead of general practitioner.
It appears that you your medical condition is quite compromised.if you do need need elective dental procedure, medical back up team is probably needed.
Thanks so much for reply. I am not electing this procedure, my dent surgeon says to have it done to stop recurrent sinusitis. I am just asking, why can't he just remove the offending root and then the sinusitis will stop recurring? Maybe have to have antibiotic afterwards, (can take 2, no reaction), and then that will be ok?
Also, why does my dentist keep leaving a piece of root each time? She is a very senior borough dentist and I do trust her but why are these roots left behind? Thank you Mr Dentist. Sorry, in UK we call dentists Mr and I don't know your name!
Dear Dr. Thank you so much for replying. I have been to the oral surgeon, a very eminent man, who did actually train my dentist! She, my dentist, is now the senior practioner of the Borough Dental Service and I am allowed to go there only because I am complicated and the dental service is in the same building as the Borough Health Centre with all medical and other faciliites in case there is a problem.
The above -mentioned oral surgeon refuses to just remove just the root causing my sinus problem. He is excellent and qualified in all areas of oral surgery including the sinus region. Don't know the medical name. I am stuck with 3/4 of  a set of top dentures and 2 bottom incisors, one tooth either side of them and one canine. My dentist refuses to go against the advice of the afore-mentioned oral surgeon and will not fit any more dentures until I have the procdure done. Please advise, I amliving on baby food and look terrible.
It appears that one or multiple residual roots are in proximity to sinus floor.there is potential risk Of oroantral communication if extraction is intervened. This is the idea based on information provided.if there is no evidence of of peri apical infection, you may leave it alone.and removable partial or complete denture can be made without consequence.seeing a competent prosthodontist is advised.