Dental Health Expert Forum
severe ear ache after dental treatment

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

severe ear ache after dental treatment
went to the dentist yesterday 22/9/07 had had treatment fo a deep cavity, 2 filllings, procedure took 30-40 minutes and when the anesthetic wore of i was in immense pain, today the pain is excruciating specifically in my ear on the side where i had the treatment. Is this to be expected? Im taking solphadine evry six hours. i have an anaphylaxsis to antibiotics penicllin, amoxycilin and erthromycin, but wasnt told thati had an infection bythe dentist
thanks
It can be related to the work that was done --deep filling or possibility from the injection.I would consult the dentist asap.