severe pain on gum after tooth extraction
i had my top back molar removed last mon, and although my partner says it looks fine and appears to be healing well, i am in so much pain still! the tooth next to it hurts as well as my gum is this normal after 6 days?
It could be dry socket, I would get the doctor to take a look at it.
thanks hun, yes i have thought it may be that but the "hole" is fine i have to pain there just on the gum at the top and the tooth next to the hole.
You cant always see dry socket.  You would have a blood clot in the area that can dislodge, but not necessarily visible to you, which is when the "socket" becomes dry.
also, sometimes my patients complain about dry socket for a couple weeks after the actual event occurs.  Even when the extraction site looks healed visibly.  I would still get the doctor to look at it, at least to make sure there are no root spurs left in the area, just in case its not dry socket.