shaky tooth

I have a tooth that is shaky. It is the upper back tooth. My dentist suggested that I should have this tooth removed. I just lost the lower tooth a month ago due to shaky and bone loss in this area. Both teeth have a build up layer around the roots and I really don't want to loose any more teeth. Is there any way I can save this tooth? My gum bleed when I poke into the gum for this tooth. I have tried various treatments like rinse my mouth with salt and water,rinse with Listorine . That seems to help for a short term. My gum also bleed around this loose tooth, it has a pocket where the gum is not tight to the tooth and this is where the food deposit here and create the layer of yellow color around this tooth. Please advice.

many thanks

Dan

This discussion is related to Apply Filling OR Extract the teeth.
You need to get your teeth thoroughly cleaned to remove the plaque that is causing the gums to pull away from the teeth.  Then you need to keep up good oral hygiene with brushing gently but thoroughly, and flossing nightly.  If you don't do this, you will slowly lose your teeth.  Ask your dentist to clean your teeth, and the gum tissue around the loose tooth may re-attach and add some stability to that tooth. Brush gums very gently.  Keep in mind that this plaque causes bad breath also, and I know you don't want that.
Take care.....