Dental Health Community
slimy tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

slimy tongue

some time ago, i got rid of plaque from my teeth, n i was ok. suddenly, about 6 months ago, i woke up and my breath was terrible, i brushed n brushed, it only took a while for the bad breath n slimy tongue to return, i have tried different toothpastes, no improvement. recently, when i brush too hard, trying to get rid of the slimy surface, my tongue bleeds, and after about an hour the bad breath and slimy tonge returns and i notice my tongue looks somehow whitish towards the inner parts down the throat, i have contacted some experts, some say it's oral thrush caused by yeast from alcohol or bread, one said it is due to bad nutrition, but i'll really like to know the most likely causes so i can abstain and the cure to this embarrassing problem.

thank you
Oral candidiasis is commonly associated with immune-compromised condition.Identification of underlying source is advised.
I have had strange tinglings in my mouth for the past year usually on the right side of my mouth. At first I had a very metalic taste so I went to the dentist and had a tooth out. 9 months on I still have this strange tongue which gets me down. Sometimes I have a dry mouth and other times my mouth is slimy as if a slug lives in there. It causes numb spots on my face,lips and nose sometimes and I find it hard to swallow. I allways have to have a drink when I am eating. I have been to the doctor and the dental hospital and both say there is nothing wrong with me and want me to go on anti-depressants. I know I am not depressed and refuse to take them. I am wondering now if it could be anything to do with the hormone patch I am on. Please help.

Anxious