Dental Health Expert Forum
small blisters on my gums

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

small blisters on my gums
I periodically and just recently have been getting small blisters on my gums behind my back teeth.
I was wondering what it's from and is it anything to worry about? The blisters are easily popped with a little bit of pressure from my fingers and have a small amount of fluid but not puss.
Any suggestions?
When was your last dental checkup?

Is there any pain or swelling in the area? Does it worsen or get better with anything? Is the blisters on the gums facing the cheek or along the tongue/palate area? How long has it been going on for?
I go for regular cleaning and checkups, but these small blisters come and go perioddically. once they are poppped they seem to stay a way for a few days and then 1 or 2 reoccur. There is no pain associated and it never seems to get worse.The blisters are right on top of my gums behind my back teeth only on the bottom and towards the inside towards my tongue.not both sides at once either.they are only about the size of a pinhead but I can feel them with my tongue when they appear.There is never more than 1 or 2 at a time.
Could they be cold sores?