Dental Health Community
soft lump on right jaw bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

soft lump on right jaw bone

about 1 week ago i stared having a really bad toothache .I called my dr. and he called in amoxicillian for me ..until i could find a new dentist.. i finished all the antibiotic but when i would lookdownward say to pick up something off the floor .I would have a severe pain in my head like someone hit me in the head with a baseball  bat .it hurt so bad i would holler out in pain..my toothpain had gone away ..a few days later so did the headaches ..but then i noticed a soft lump on right jaw it is painful to the touch.. i  told my sister about it she said if thats an abcess (abscess) it could go to your brain and kill  you.. great plant the  seed of Fear into my head . i went to see a dentist and was told i needed my teeth cleaned .. i said you can clean them after you diagnose this soft lump on my jaw..also i said i need a lot of work done ..they took x-rays d told me i had a gum disease and would need a deep cleaning..ok i said they said i would have to come back to have it done next avaiable appointment was a month away.. i was worried about the lump on my jaw he told me that i didnt have a tooth above it and that it was probably a swollen muscle ..i know i don't have tmj.. he also said that the x-ray did not show any abcess (abscess).. but he also could not feel the lump .and i could ..that really bothered me . when i got home i had my husband feel it and he too did not feel the lump.. it has gotten a little bigger since my visit on friday of this week 11/ 16 ..on the 17th it felt a little bigger so
i had my husband feel it  again  and this time he said i feel it now ..i could not feel it before. it is very tender and maybe the pain has been from me touching it.. i would like to know what you think it could be.?.and should i be seeing a Dr.  for this instead ?..and if so what type of Dr. should i see ?..i have just started taking  my second set of antibiotics today ..and is this something i should be worried about?Thanks for any help i can get on this..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? If the size of the lump is increasing in size, further evaluation needs to be done. Indeed, gum disease, muscle spasm may be responsible especially if the imaging studies were normal. However, you may need to see an ENT or oral surgeon to rule out other  possible issues such as  gland or lymph node inflammation, cyst or tumor. Take care and do keep us posted.