Dental Health Community
sore throat after wisdom tooth extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had my lower left wisdom tooth extracted 2 days ago because of decay.  It was a simple extraction that required no anesthesia and no stitches. I was not given an antibiotic or pain killers.  I was in and out of the office in 30 minutes.  Just took 2 tylenol and I was fine. I felt fine yesterday, which was the day after the extraction, but this morning I woke up with a sore throat on the side where the tooth was pulled out.  It only hurts when I swallow.  Is this normal or should I be concerned?
Same happening to me here. The day after the extraction I was more or less ok, but on the third day I woke up with a sore throat. It hurts when swallowing. I have no fever. Wondering if the stuff the dentist left on my socket is causing this