sore throat pain after tooth extraction
I had to have one of my lower back molars extracted one week ago.  The next day I started noticing some neck discomfort, not really a sore throat, but stiffness and soreness in my throat area, when I turn my neck or put my head up or down to my chest.  I thought maybe i might have an infection.  I went back to my dentist yesterday, and he said he sees no sign of any infectiion, and that everything is healing nicely.  I was glad, but am still concerned about the discomfort in my neck and throat area.  Could this be related to having my tooth pulled or should I seek other medical advice?
Seeing an ENT is advised.
i 've been having the same problems...i had my lower right wisdom tooth pulled back on march 17th, developed dry socket, and have been going through hell since...just last week i saw a neurologist who diagnosed me w/ t.m.j., and told me the dentist did a number on the soft tissue in my mouth, the very next day i saw the e.n.t., to find out why my ear/throat, and glands are killing me (my throat gets VERY sore when i speak for more than a couple of minutes,and my right gland swells up, and my right ear pops) the e.n.t stuck a tube down my right nostril, to check my throat....said it looked ok, and told me the reason im having all this discomfort/pain is because the muscles around my face/jaw are so inflamed from the extraction, and will prob. take weeks to subside.....im taking vicodin 750mg. for the pain, and apply a heating pad to the area at night to try and relax the muscles.......i wake up still stiff and in pain though.....i've been going through hell......let me know what your e.n.t says, please? i'm about to get a second opinion......
This is happening to me. I also had my right wisdom tooth removed, now my throat is sore and my right ear hurts. It is really painful, I am wondering what I should do?
I had my bottom two wisdom teeth removed and i woke up in the middle of the night to hardly be able to swallow on one side, extremely ore neck, throat, all the way down. moving my head is also extremely painful. Just wondering if this is normal. My orthodontist office is closed over the weekend, so earliest I can speak to someone is Monday.
I had my bottom back two teeth pulled yesterday today my neck and jaw are extremely swollen. I can barely swallow or move my neck in massive pain...is this normal?? As well as around my sockets look like blood but have whitish gray look to it?? Am I panicking for nothing?
OMG... This is happening to me. Have the lower left molar(impacted) removed. Was totally a sleep, developed a dry socket....every tooth and gum on my left  side is hurting, swallow glands, sore throat, cannot talk too much, earache...There's no medications that comforts me. Went to the dentist 3 times for dressing the dry socket, but do to my age wants to push through the pain much as possible without the socket being plugged with ointments,(which is my only relief. Also feels like I'm about to have a stroke or something. This is terrible. No relief whatsoever! Face is still swallow. Have oral surgery on April 30th
What happened? Because that is my symptoms!
I had a infected dental implant removed from my bottom teeth over two weeks ago immediately following the pain in my neck and ear began with  swallowing problems. I'm on pain medication that bad. Went to an my ENT who  put a tube down my nose and said she saw nothing. but I'm not getting any better. wants me to call every week to see if I get worse. Says I will improve .I find that strange to say if you haven't determined what the problem is. Maybe I need a second opinion any suggestions?
i am going threw the same problem i had a wisdom tooth on the bottom left and two really bad teeth next to it removed and it hurts to swallow it feels like i have strept throat but i no i dont it makes me wounder if wisdom teeth have an effect on the throat like eye teeth when they get pulled give you a black eye
I had a tooth extracted 19 days ago.  They found that the roots were infected after the surgery.  I was put on an antibiotic and still had pain.  Well I ended up with a dry socket.  I'm no longer taking the antibiotic and still have pain. They cut me back open to make sure infection was gone. They also removed a bone spur and medicated the dry socket. I was almost pian free for almost 1 day now it's all back.  My teeth hurt on the side of the extraction, gland is swollen and is traveling back up to my ear.  What is going on??