Dental Health Community
sore throat pain after tooth extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

sore throat pain after tooth extraction

I had to have one of my lower back molars extracted one week ago.  The next day I started noticing some neck discomfort, not really a sore throat, but stiffness and soreness in my throat area, when I turn my neck or put my head up or down to my chest.  I thought maybe i might have an infection.  I went back to my dentist yesterday, and he said he sees no sign of any infectiion, and that everything is healing nicely.  I was glad, but am still concerned about the discomfort in my neck and throat area.  Could this be related to having my tooth pulled or should I seek other medical advice?
Seeing an ENT is advised.
i 've been having the same problems...i had my lower right wisdom tooth pulled back on march 17th, developed dry socket, and have been going through hell since...just last week i saw a neurologist who diagnosed me w/ t.m.j., and told me the dentist did a number on the soft tissue in my mouth, the very next day i saw the e.n.t., to find out why my ear/throat, and glands are killing me (my throat gets VERY sore when i speak for more than a couple of minutes,and my right gland swells up, and my right ear pops) the e.n.t stuck a tube down my right nostril, to check my throat....said it looked ok, and told me the reason im having all this discomfort/pain is because the muscles around my face/jaw are so inflamed from the extraction, and will prob. take weeks to subside.....im taking vicodin 750mg. for the pain, and apply a heating pad to the area at night to try and relax the muscles.......i wake up still stiff and in pain though.....i've been going through hell......let me know what your e.n.t says, please? i'm about to get a second opinion......
This is happening to me. I also had my right wisdom tooth removed, now my throat is sore and my right ear hurts. It is really painful, I am wondering what I should do?
I had my bottom two wisdom teeth removed and i woke up in the middle of the night to hardly be able to swallow on one side, extremely ore neck, throat, all the way down. moving my head is also extremely painful. Just wondering if this is normal. My orthodontist office is closed over the weekend, so earliest I can speak to someone is Monday.