sore tongue
Dear Sir/Madam,

I had developed a sore under my tongue for almost 9 months now and it started to get infected and spreading out.  What can I do about that? Can you give me some health advice on how to treat it and look after it, please?
Your kind response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rendle.
Tongue sores are usually caused by trauma, physical injury, bacterial or viral infections, vitamin deficiencies and tonsillitis. If sores are large, painful, or persistent, it is best to consult a doctor. It is best to avoid citrus fruits and acidic vegetables and spicy foods till it is cured. Brushing with a soft-bristled brush after meals and flossing daily may help in preventing more sores from developing. Treatment involves treating the cause, an antimicrobial mouth rinse, over-the-counter solution to reduce the pain and irritation and a corticosteroid ointment if needed. See a physician.
Best wishes and regards!