Dental Health Community
sore tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

sore tongue

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had developed a sore under my tongue for almost 9 months now and it started to get infected and spreading out.  What can I do about that? Can you give me some health advice on how to treat it and look after it, please?
Your kind response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rendle.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Tongue sores are usually caused by trauma, physical injury, bacterial or viral infections, vitamin deficiencies and tonsillitis. If sores are large, painful, or persistent, it is best to consult a doctor. It is best to avoid citrus fruits and acidic vegetables and spicy foods till it is cured. Brushing with a soft-bristled brush after meals and flossing daily may help in preventing more sores from developing. Treatment involves treating the cause, an antimicrobial mouth rinse, over-the-counter solution to reduce the pain and irritation and a corticosteroid ointment if needed. See a physician.
Best wishes and regards!