Dental Health Expert Forum
strange circle`s on my sons tongue

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

strange circle`s on my sons tongue
my 6 year old son has had strange circle appear on his tongue, it`s almost perfectly round about 7 or 8 millimetres accross.
It does`nt cause him any pain in fact he didnt even know it was there. He has had this once before but then he had 4 or 5 circles all at once. I have absolutly no idea what they could be. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
This condition on your sons' tongue might be something we call geographic tongue. This BENIGN . It is something that can be annoying to the patient because it is there and can sometimes be sensitive to spicey foods. I certainly would take him to the dentist or an oral surgeon to confirm the diagnosis.
I have the exact same thing! It can be annoying but harmless. I have had this for several years. If  i drink something with alot of acid in it ,it gets quite sore. Such as orange juice.