Dental Health Expert Forum
swelling after dental work

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

swelling after dental work

I am having swelling in my left cheek after having two upper root canals on the two teeth just left of the front teeth. It has been 5 days and the swelling seems to be working up into my left eye. The area is real sore and it seems to be plugging up the left nostril. Could it be infection, or is this normal?  I was numb for 3 days after the injections. I still feel numbness is that from the swelling?
Avatar dr m tn
This is not normal and you should be seen and placed on an antibiotic asap.
sounds like a an infection to me. I'd return asap to the dentist who completd the treatment, or see and endontist for an opinion on what is going on.
A related discussion, Allergic reaction from dental work was started.