swelling and lump under jawbone after tooth extraction
I was in mexico and started to have severe pain in my number 30 tooth.  I got a severe infection with swelling all along my jawbone and neck as well.  To make a long story short, I came back to the states and had to have the tooth extracted. All has gone well since but I still have a lump under my jawbone where the extraction was done and a little swelling as well.  If I touch the place described it is still tender.  This is almost 4 weeks after the extraction.  Is this normal or do I still have an infection in my jaw, mouth etc??
This might be a lymph node that is still involved. I would have the doctor look at it asap.
A related discussion, help! my glands are swollen, and i have dry socket was started.