Dental Health Expert Forum
swelling and lump under jawbone after tooth extraction

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I was in mexico and started to have severe pain in my number 30 tooth.  I got a severe infection with swelling all along my jawbone and neck as well.  To make a long story short, I came back to the states and had to have the tooth extracted. All has gone well since but I still have a lump under my jawbone where the extraction was done and a little swelling as well.  If I touch the place described it is still tender.  This is almost 4 weeks after the extraction.  Is this normal or do I still have an infection in my jaw, mouth etc??
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This might be a lymph node that is still involved. I would have the doctor look at it asap.
1 Comment
A related discussion, help! my glands are swollen, and i have dry socket was started.