Dental Health Community
swelling on roof of mouth (right side)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

swelling on roof of mouth (right side)

A couple of weeks ago I woke up with a bad toothache on my back right molars, I grind my teeth in my sleep sometimes and figured that was the cause. Ive been taking aleve for the pain and swelling and it went away. Now a few days ago it came back, along with a swollen spot on my soft palate on the right side which is spreading forward into my hard palate now. My teeth no longer hurt, but the swelling is getting worse. It itches, and is a white color. My husband said it almost looks like a blister you would get from a burn. Im afraid it might be some sort of infection. I have no sore throat, or ear ache, but do have pressure in my right sinus/eye area. Im not sure if I need to go see a doctor or a dentist, and seeing as I have no insurance I dont want to rush off for no reason. Ive read other accounts of ppl having the same sort of reaction, but all on the left side and all after some type of flu/cold. Ive had nothing.... any ideas what could cause this? OR if I should just get it checked out....??? Any help would be appreciated.
Seeing a dentist is advised.