Dental Health Expert Forum
swollen gum tissue over six year molar

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

swollen gum tissue over six year molar
My six year old is getting her six year molars in.  However she is complaining about headaches and is now running a fever. When I looked at the molar that is growing in,  there is a flap or gum tissue over the back half of there molar. The area over all is swollen. What should I do? Is it normal ?
Sometimes with teething pain, you can get fevers or pain in the area.  How long as it been going on?  Are you giving her anything like childrens Tylenol?  
Yes I am giving her Tylenol. She ran s fever over night for only one day.
How is she doing now?  Its been about 4-5 days since you posted.  Is she improving?  You can try some children's mouth numbing gel in your local pharmacy