Dental Health Expert Forum
swollen veins under tongue

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

swollen veins under tongue

Okay. So for the last week my tongue has been sore. To lift it up is uncomfortable. When I do lift it one vein on the left is extremely red and the other is dark red almost purple. The one on thr right actually hurts to the touch. I have never had any issues with my mouth other than cavities before so this is concerning me. My tongue feels a little funny. It doesn't hurt but it doesn't feel normal either. I have a sore in the top of my mouth. I think its a canker sore from reading the internet. Pls tell me what u think
It would be a good idea to get it checked out by a dentist.  Usually the veins should be symmetrical or identical in appearance.  Because one is different than the other, with the one being purple and hurting more, it may indicate a bruise or some problem with the area.  The canker sore is probably not related to your tongue issue.