temporary crowns and lower jaw pain
I  am having porcelain crowns placed on all but 3 of my teeth.(I seriously neglected my teeth and gums for years) The temporary crowns have been on for about 11 days. I have been having lover jaw pain it is a throbbing pain which sometimes goes up to my ears. It is the worst when i first wake up or when I eat or drink. I went to the dentist today and he tried to adjust the bite,it helped some. He also prescribed some pain meds and a muslce relaxer to help, he thinks I may be clinching my teeth at night. I hope this improves or goes away after the permanent porcelain crowns are placed. I paid a ton of money for this and dont want to have this pain the rest of my life.

Carrie
***@****
Your problem may come from the occlusion or pulpitis of certain teeth. If your temporary do'nt work well, final restoration is not likely to be successful.
he did adjust the bite and it helped some. I was able to actually eat and chew. I hadnt been able to without pain. He did all of the prep work for the crowns in 1 day. I think my teeth are still adjusting. Thanks for your advice.
I went to see my doctor today because I had been having the lower jaw pain and then pain  near my ears. I have a chronic sinus infection,very bad they said. So i guess my jaw pain was the sinuses not temp. crowns. Which feel ok now. I get permanent ones on in 7 days. Can't wait to see the new me.

Carrie