thick sticky saliva
For the past 2months I've been having very thick and sticky saliva. Everyone says dry mouth but its not dry like cottonmouth. Its more sticky than anything. Plus it feels thick. I've tried nyatatin. Tried zyrtec/flonase. Tried all the biotene products. Sugerless gum. Nothing helps for very long I'm not dehydrated cause I drink water all day. My Dr did a Ana blood test to check for sjorgens and it came back normal. My cbc is normal. I am on effexor but I was on pristiq before.  And this started about a week before going on effexor. My doc thinks this is a side effect of effexor even though it started before so I really don't know. Its hard to eat, sleep, talk, everything. It just has my life consumed. If anyone can please help me. It would greatly be appreciated thank you so much
How are you? What other symptoms are present? It is good that the initial tests and evaluation by your doctor are fine. Indeed, sticky saliva may be attributed to medication side effect or dry mouth. It can also be due to periodontal disease or other dental problems that may lead to abnormal saliva, as well as  hormonal changes and infection like the common cold or sinusitis. If it persists, it is best that further evaluation be done. Seeking a second opinion from another doctor may also be done. Take care and do keep us posted.