Dental Health Expert Forum
throbbing permanent crown

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

throbbing permanent crown

I had my permanent crown placed Thursday over a right, bottom, root canaled molar and it quickly seemed better than the temporary crown that took a week to feel natural.  However, two days later (Saturday), after eating popcorn, flossing, eating ribs, and flossing again, a tooth sensitivity emerged. By the time I went to bed, touching the tooth hurt, despite the advil. The following morning (Sunday), I awoke to a throbbing toothache and pain when I touch the tooth. Even swallowing hurts when my tongue touches the tooth.
What's a reasonable explanation? Will it get better or is this symptomatic of a worse issue.
I would recommend going back to your dentist.  Is the bite off right now?  As in, when you chew it hurts or feels "high"?  

I'm guessing either the bite is high or there may possibly be a fracture somewhere.
The bite does feel off, but it's so sensitive I try not to touch it actually clench and test it.
I'm going back tomorrow.
Are there questions I should be asking?
Have them check the bite and adjust it possibly.  That may solve the problem.