Dental Health Community
tight crown
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tight crown

Hi
I had a new crown fitted 2 weeks ago.
i was told by my dentist that it was normal that a crown is larger than the old tooth it replaced. ie. it feels like bigger and feels odd. is that right?
but the maim problem is.it feels tight. above the the tooth into the gum. more so in the morning. and dosnt feel like the other teeth. always a tight senation all the time. not painful or hurting. just a tight feeling.
ok between the other teeth for flossing.
???

This discussion is related to New Crown Feels Too Tight.
Tags: crown
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If your dentist can not solve your problem, you may need to see a prosthodontist.
Blank
The crown should re-establish the proper form, function and aesthetics...

If the crown is big (over-contoured) this might cause further gum problems or even caries at the site where the crown join the tooth (finish line).
it makes it harder to obtain proper hygiene on that tooth (since it is harder to remove the bacteria that accumulate at the gum line on the tooth surface.

the crown should represent the form (shape and size) of previous lost tissues, even though in some situation we make it smaller to reduce the load on a tooth in special situations, but never larger !!!

I think it is advised to replace that crown with proper one, but the final judgment is after proper clinical examination.. ;)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...