Dental Health Expert Forum
tight crown

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

tight crown
I had a permanent crown placed on today.  It was too tight to get on without grinding the crown.  It still feels tight to me.  The dentist cemented it and said the fit was good.  It feel like it is pushing my other teeth.  The dentist said to wait and see how it feels, but I don't see how waiting will change things.  The crown is not going to suddenly get smaller.  Is this normal?
If you can floss both sides of the tooth then the crown is not too tight and it will be okay. If you can not floss then I do believe that this should be corrected and the crown is too tight.
Hi trustmissy,
I had a crown put in today and have the same feeling that it is too tight. I can floss around both sides but it feels as if it is pushing my other teeth around and I feel a pressure in my upper right.

Can you tell me if your tightness resolved and how long it took?

Thanks.
A related discussion, dental bridges&crowns was started.