Dental Health Expert Forum
tmj boox

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

tmj boox
hello there, i was wandering if you could answer a question for me. Two weeks ago i received botox treatment for tmj and i have now noticed that i can only smile on one side, my smile looks very crooked and it feels tight on one side. Is this normal? how long until it gets better? thanks.
Botox is a toxin used to paralyze muscle.  I don't personally do botox injections so I don't know about the complications associated with it but you may want to ask your dentist/doctor about it.  I would imagine that its fairly normal to have that issue but as for how long, I don't honestly know.  My guess would be a year or so?