tongue feels burned, gums and tongue sting or burn
i am 42 years old, i do not take any medications. I begin having a feeling in my mouth close to 3 months ago. IT felt like i ate alot of sunflower seeds and my mouth had an awful taste. My tongue began to feel sore. It was sort of dry feeling, but did have moisture. It was slowing going away after about 5-6 weeks. Now that it is gone, i have stinging or burning in my gums and tongue. My tongue feels like it has been burned by something hot. This has been going on for about 5 weeks. my mouth and tongue look normal. i went to 3 doctors. blood work was fine. They think maybe an irritation to mouthwash or toothpaste. i stopped using mouthwash about the time this stuff started. I use a gentle toothpaste now. I feel like i am making a lot of extra saliva and swallow a lot sometimes. I did start taking multivitamin and b50. I also take acidophiles. This last doctor prescribed nystatin  mouthwash for thursh. I don't think that's what i have cause i don't have any white in my mouth, but i guess ill try it anyways. It   comes and goes, but i have it at least 3-4 days a week.  i am getting very stressed out about all this. Please someone help me know what i have and how to get rid of all this, i am really desperate.
If your past medical history is non-contributory, and there is no medical finding explainable to your complaints, you are probably suffering from burning mouth disorder or burning tongue syndrome. Seeing an orofacial pain specialist or neurologist is advised.
I have suffer the same burning sensation for almost 16 months, i had visit about 10 different specialist, none of the have a clue and only sees on my tongue $$ signs, dentist, general doctors, maxilofacial, tmj, neurologist, internal medicine, chinesse, accupunture, neither western or eastern medicine has found the reason or has given me anything that helps.
only thing i found to aliviate the pain, is shewing mint gum, that is the only way, the pain goes away while i am shewing. my husband researched my complains, he founded, anxiety might be the reason, my job is extreme
stressfull, when i a relaxed, it goes away for short period. I give up with the doctors, i don't believe or trust their false diagnosis.
Clonazepam is the first choice of burning mouth disorder and alpha lipoid acid may be effective too. An orofacial pain specialist is supposed to be competent enough to help you.
My tongue has had the burning sensation , especially when brushing my teeth or eating spicy foods, for 2 months. My taste buds have also been diminished.  I went to the doc yesterday and he thinks it is oral thrush/yeast infection even though there are no visible signs of anything wrong.  he prescribed "clotrimazole" tablets, 5X/day for 2 weeks. I will post again once resolution has been obtained.