Dental Health Expert Forum
too many deep cleanings?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

too many deep cleanings?

My dental Tec has me doing deep cleanings 3 times a year for 4 years . I asked when can I go to a normal cleaning that  I  am covered for. He said that cleaning is just a polishing and is not any good. I have no more than a 4 cm as far as my numbers are and  that is not a big average. I was told that I have to keep doing this to keep my gums from getting worse.I have no bleeding even during the cleaning ,it cost me $75 every time .He is not doing Flaps what ever that is .My friend is an oral MD he thinks it is not normal. I never had to pay for cleanings before I changed my dentist and right at that point I had to pay any ideas on this