Dental Health Community
tooth broken down to gum and small bump on the gum.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had a fill in by the dentist which came out some months ago. My fill in came out while eating and chip part of my tooth. This happen some months ago. My tooth has now been broken down to my gum and a small bump has form on the side of the tooth. What do you think the problem is and what steps will the dentist take to fix it? Will it be a painful process? Is it a life threaten situation?
That bump is an abcess (abscess), the path of the bacterial infection getting out.  The tooth is dead and will either need a root canal or an extraction.  It should not be a painful process.  It may become life treatening if you do not have it treated as the infection will spread.