Dental Health Community
tooth extraction white stuff came off

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

tooth extraction white stuff came off

I had a tooth extraction done on a second molar around a week ago. Just now the white stuff came off while I was eating and beneath it, it seem like it has partially healed, the problem is there is a tiny hole at the back of and inside the extraction site that isn't healed yet.

So when I look at it, it's now a shallow hole with a tiny red hole inside. I don't really feel any pain, could this be a partial dry socket? Will I experience any pain later on? I really need to know now since exams week is next week I only have time now to go see a dentist these few days.

thanks!
**NOTE** edit

I just used salt water to rinse my mouth and it turn out the while stuff is still here. So please ignore the question above, but now I have another question: how shallow should the extraction site be? The white stuff use to be way higher, now it is getting deeper and deeper, the hole is around 3mm or so and while I dont feel major pain right now, I feel a little bit of pressure (or maybe it is pain I am not too sure)

my main concern is am I safe from dry socket, now that it been a week already?