Dental Health Community
tooth infection spreading to my throat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

tooth infection spreading to my throat?

i went to the dentist 3wks ago with a really bad tooth infection in my 2nd bottom molar. im not sure how long i had it before i went to the dentist because i was in exruciating pain for weeks before i finally went in.  my dentist gave me no antibotics and pulled the tooth the same day. which really surprised me because ive had this done before by my old dentist back in n.c. this was my first time going to this guy (btw) and my old dentist put me on antibotics for a couple days before he pulled the tooth, but this guy pulled that day and gave me nothing for infection or pain, and i even asked him about antibotics, and he said i didnt need them. anyway  the area heled fine no drysocket or anything, but my gland on the right side is gets swollen alot and now my throat is starting to hurt on just that side.

I just need to know if the infection has spread, ive called the dentist's oficce on several occassions but his secretary always tells me to take motrin!?  i would appreciate any help or input from anyone who knows or might know wat im going through.
Seeing an ENT or oral surgeon is advised.