Dental Health Community
tooth sensitvity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

tooth sensitvity

hey,
i am 13 years old. and for maybe about a month and it would be on and off. my right front tooth has been sensitive to cold, it has also been sensitive to cold air, when i would be outside and i would breath in heavly my tooth will get very sensitive. i have braces on top and bottom teeth (dont no if that could be a factor). i got my braces tightened 3 days ago and the sensitivity started this morning. i was thinking it could also be that my teeth have been moving around. i really dont want a cavity on one of my front teeth. if anyone has any idea please let me no
its best to get your dentist to check it out. it could be a cavity or gum recession or from your braces but only a dentist can tell for sure. it seems like you are having regular dental care so i wouldnt worry about it being anything serious. it might be something as simple as switching to a sensitive toothpaste.
I am currently doing invisalign braces and I do notice cold sensitivity within a few days of getting a new tray put in.  Movement of the tooth can cause it to become hypersensitive.  I would suggest you mention it to your dentist next time you see him, but I would not be too worried about it if you are getting routine visits.
ok, thanks everyone

i am 13 and i would really want to use invisalign. is it only for adults? can kids switch to it even if they have braces now? it would be a lot better than normal braces
Invisalign is very limited in what it can achieve.  It only does small movements and does not correct a lot of problems that braces can, it also takes longer.  I am only getting a few teeth realigned, not moving any more than half a mm.  If you want, ask your orthodontist about it next time you go in, he can give you specifics.  Invisalign still moves teeth, so would not help with the sensitivity.
ok thanks
o ya, and about my sensitivity, it is gone, but it does happen somtimes and when it does it is to the same tooth, so i am going to switch to sensitive toothpaste and see how that works
That is how my front tooth is!! Every time i get a drink, my tooth feels like it is getting ripped out. Same when i breathe in cold air. If you have a solution to your problem, you should give me some options i can do!