Dental Health Community
tooth sensitvity
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tooth sensitvity

hey,
i am 13 years old. and for maybe about a month and it would be on and off. my right front tooth has been sensitive to cold, it has also been sensitive to cold air, when i would be outside and i would breath in heavly my tooth will get very sensitive. i have braces on top and bottom teeth (dont no if that could be a factor). i got my braces tightened 3 days ago and the sensitivity started this morning. i was thinking it could also be that my teeth have been moving around. i really dont want a cavity on one of my front teeth. if anyone has any idea please let me no
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
its best to get your dentist to check it out. it could be a cavity or gum recession or from your braces but only a dentist can tell for sure. it seems like you are having regular dental care so i wouldnt worry about it being anything serious. it might be something as simple as switching to a sensitive toothpaste.
Blank
745634_tn?1243727047
I am currently doing invisalign braces and I do notice cold sensitivity within a few days of getting a new tray put in.  Movement of the tooth can cause it to become hypersensitive.  I would suggest you mention it to your dentist next time you see him, but I would not be too worried about it if you are getting routine visits.
Blank
ok, thanks everyone

i am 13 and i would really want to use invisalign. is it only for adults? can kids switch to it even if they have braces now? it would be a lot better than normal braces
Blank
745634_tn?1243727047
Invisalign is very limited in what it can achieve.  It only does small movements and does not correct a lot of problems that braces can, it also takes longer.  I am only getting a few teeth realigned, not moving any more than half a mm.  If you want, ask your orthodontist about it next time you go in, he can give you specifics.  Invisalign still moves teeth, so would not help with the sensitivity.
Blank
ok thanks
Blank
o ya, and about my sensitivity, it is gone, but it does happen somtimes and when it does it is to the same tooth, so i am going to switch to sensitive toothpaste and see how that works
Blank
That is how my front tooth is!! Every time i get a drink, my tooth feels like it is getting ripped out. Same when i breathe in cold air. If you have a solution to your problem, you should give me some options i can do!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...