Dental Health Community
toothache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

toothache

ive had bad toothache all night and i dont like taking painkillers so i took to calpol which didnt do anything so 3 an half hours later i took a paracetamol which hasnt done much and used mouth wash and i rub a bit of brady on it which i didnt like as i dont drink the pain is like a nerve pain and when i lay down my lip and chin where the toothache is goes numb but when i sit up it come back im on aoxicillin for a water infection which i started today but this toothache is bad can you tell me why my lip and chin on the side of the toothache goes numb when i lay down please thankyou
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and welcome.
It is possible that your toothache is due to tooth decay. Numbness could possibly be due to swelling from the infection compressing the nerve. See a dentist urgently and get a dental examination done. Depending on the extent of tooth decay you may need root canal treatment or extraction. Analgesics and antibiotics may prove useful. Schedule an appointment soon.
Best luck and regards!