traveling with tooth pain
does anyone know if i had a cavity fall out and i bought one of those over the counter filling kits and filled my tooth temporaly with it will i be ok to take a plane trip or will i feel pain from the pressure in the airplane?
Depending on the extent of cavity.
I finally got my dental insurance and went to the dentist and by the way that temp I put in the tooth myself has lasted all this time,,,They took all the xrays and I am set up for a root canal on Wednesday and also they are extracting another tooth that is broken. I ended up rescheduling my trip that was planned back in April because I could not get to a dentist before that, did not have the money. My question now is because I currently am taking medication because I am a diabetic and take metformin and actos and also take lisinopril and cardizem for my blood pressure. I am terrified of the dentist and am worried that I am going to feel the procedure because maybe I cant get alot of novicane because of my meds?? Any suggestions? The dentist told me I will not feel a thing. I just cant wait to get this all over with. The cost of the crown is very expensive and will I be able to wait on that only having it temp filled until I can afford it? Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanks
Consultation with your physician before dental treatment is advised. If you can not afford a crown at this time, you may ask the dentist to deocclusion the root canaled tooth which may minimize the risk of crown fracture.