Dental Health Expert Forum
two teath sharing same root

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

two teath sharing same root

my son who is aged 9 lost his two front milk teeth and one of the teeth that has grown in has another tooth projecting from the rear of this tooth into his mouth. our dentist performed an X-ray and found that the projection is another tooth growing from the same root as his front tooth. What is this condition called and what would be the recommended course of action
My guess is that its a mesioden.  They will probably monitor the situation and remove it eventually when its the best time or if it seems to interfere with the eruption of his adult teeth.