Dental Health Expert Forum
unbearable tooth pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

unbearable tooth pain

I woke up today with a bad toothache now it has given me a headache and it makes my jaw hurt.  I have taken so tylonal with codine and it wont take the pain away.  
At first guess, I would say you got an infection/cavity or problem causing nerve pain inside the pulp of the tooth.  You probably need a root canal or extraction of the tooth.  It may possibly be a gum problem but I tend not to see those as often.
Have a chat with your dentist and he might prescribe a pain reliever of some sort that will help you with the pain. If it is a tooth infection, you have to see your dentist asap. He will be able to examine it and might suggest to have a second check up with him if the problem persists.