Dental Health Community
upper dentures
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

upper dentures

is there some form of full upper denture that has a reduced thickness palate plate that will permit me to keep singing.  I hear that a full denture impairs speaking and the ability to sing.  I may need to get a full denture and am paranoid about the possibility.  Anyone out there who sings and has dentures can answer hopefully.  Thanks
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The thickness of palatal plate probably does not affect singing capability. Ariculation or pronunciation is much influended by front teeth alignment. A well made full upper can yield comfortable and effortless articulation. Seeing a prosthodontist is advised.
Blank
I would talk to a periodontist (who does implants) and a prosthodontist to get different opinions on options.  you can do a full denture, or you could do implants or a combo of both, but I would ask them what they think and what would fall into your price range that you can afford.
Blank
Got full upper dentures ten days ago. I'm 58 and have sung for a living for years. Was scared spitless leading up to the procedure. 1-procedure was completely painless, got a great dentist at affordable dentures. 2-gums tender, but NOT painful. 3-dentures fit like a glove. 4-all fears about pronunciation and "re-learning to sing" were for naught! Sang this weekend exactly like I always have (used Fixodent for the first time, to be safe, rather than sorry). Should have done it 5 years ago, missed a lot of smiling! Good luck.
Blank
thanks for the info. I have opted to go a partial for the four front teeth.  I have the temporary partial now and it actually fits quite well, and my dentist assured me the permanent one will be even better.  So for now, I am going to try the partial plate which they are designing using titanium so that most of my palate will be free of material.  If it doesn't work out, then I will go with the full partial.
Blank
Actually it does affect tonal quality.  The size (volume) and shape of the palate changes the voice dramatically.  The great tenor Carusoe had a mouth large enough to hold a turkey egg in the shell.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...