Dental Health Community
upper mouth pain. Please help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

upper mouth pain. Please help.

Hi. I have been having upper mouth pain for about 3 days. There is no abscess or infection of my teeth. I went to the dentist 3 weeks ago and was given a clean bill of health. I went to the dentist today and he said he is not sure what is causing the pain. He took a bunch of x-rays, but could find nothing wrong. He said it's not a cracked tooth, cavities, or an abscess. I have already had all my wisdom teeth pulled. Sometimes the pain is also referred to my lower jaw. I did have a cold and fever a few weeks ago and just finished a course of antibiotics. The pain has gotten worse today and I've gotten a headache and earace because of the pain. Please help.
Can you describe your symptoms: type of pain, when it happens, does anything in particular set it off, can you pinpoint a location?

I would also suggest getting a second opinion for another dentist.
If there is no structural pathology identified , seeing an orofacial pain specialist is advised. Please keep in mind that not all dental pains are tooth origin.
The pain is sharp and throbbing. It is not related to food, hot or cold. It's about at the location of the first molar on the left. The pain is worse in the mid-morning. 1000 mg of Tylenol makes the pain bearable (more of a dull ache than a sharp and throbbing pain). When the pain is at its worst, I also have a left side earache and a headache.
Ask your dentist to recommend an orofacial pain dentist.