very weird tooth pain
I have a question I'm hoping you can answer!

I do have a dental appointment in a few days, but maybe you can help relieve some of my anxiety.  I have slight tooth pain in my upper back tooth.  By slight pain I mean I feel pain maybe once a day or every other day for literally 30 seconds the whole day, and that's it.  The pain is very mild that I could almost not notice it if I didn't pay attention to that tooth.

It does not hurt if I chew.  It does not have pain sensitivity to hot or cold.  However, I noticed if I scratch the bottom of my tooth (the part we chew on) with my fingernail in one specific area, I can feel a slight pain / tooth ache that lasts for maybe 30 seconds.  I have checked using a small dental mirror myself and I don't see a hole so I don't know if it is a cavity... I am extremely afraid of it being a root canal or worse.  Sometimes after I brush my teeth and I rinse my mouth out, I can feel a little tiny pain, like a "sweet tooth" sorta pain that also lasts for 30 seconds on that same tooth.  This does not always happen.

Any idea? Thanks!
Hi there,
A toothache can be caused by a number of dental problems. Tooth decay, abscessed tooth, infected gums, tooth fracture all can cause tooth ache. A proper identification and treatment of dental infections is very important to prevent its spread to other parts of the face, skull and blood stream. If you have a cavity you may need a filling and if  there is an infection of the tooth's nerve a  root canal might be needed .In  a root canal the procedure is done under local anesthesia so you will not have discomfort. A dental examination is important for deciding the correct cause and treatment of your symptoms. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!