Dental Health Community
whats wrong with my mouth? need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

whats wrong with my mouth? need help

Okay, I dont know whats going on.  I have had issues with my mouth/tongue for the past three months.  My tongue has had a feeling like its been burned.  Its along the sides and towards the tip.  Its not red or swollen just burns and kind of feels rough.  The taste buds toward the back and on the sides are raised and seem to rub against the back of my throat and along the top of my mouth.  When i eat its fine, no pain and taste is normal.  After i eat my tongue gets rough and the pain starts along the side and works its way to the tip.  Then it gets dry and i get sticky saliva that seems to coat my tongue and lips.  Drinking water after i eat seems to make it tolerable.  I have been to my doctor had blood work done and everything came back normal, he said it could be a stubborn virus that will take a while to go away.  I have been to my dentist several times and had other dentists in the office look at my tongue and they cant see anything. No bacterial or Fungal infections.  This is driving me crazy any ideas?
Seeing an orofacial pain specialist or oral medicine specialist is advised.
Me too have the same issue that you are facing.

I have described my history in this thread ..

'Still in Confusion whether Dental, ENT or GERD Problem?'