Dental Health Expert Forum
white bump on gums

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

white bump on gums
i have what looks like a white head or pimple on my gums above my front left tooth. i pushed my nail against it and the top of it cam off leaving a little red blood spot. does anyone know what this is and what causes it.
So the white pimple popped?  When was the last time you saw a dentist?  It may be a fistula (parulis) which is a small opening from an abscess.  Its like end of a garden hose and the pus is draining out of it.  It would be best to see a dentist to get it evaluated.
no puss came out of it at all, just a very small amount of blood and now it really isnt even noticable anymore. i did not have it yesterday or last night and noticed it this morning. just barely pushed on it to pop it. do you still thinks its a fistula and if so wont could be cause and damage it can do? is it an easy fix? thanks
If it is a fistula, it may reform again.  I would recommend getting it taken care of.  If it is an abscess, it would require a root canal at the very least.  
hey, thanks for your help dr. tsang. i went to the dentist today and it turns out that i had callculus in my gums that. so thankfully it was nothing more and no root canal. i definitely needed to see an dentist though. thanks again for taking the time to answer my post