Dental Health Community
white line down the inside of my mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

white line down the inside of my mouth

can anyone tell why i have this white line down  the inside of my cheeks? Is this some kind of infection?
If the white line is asymptomatic, bilateral, and along the occlusal plane, it's probably " linea alba". which is associated with friction of tooth and considered normal variant of anatomy.
what does asymptomatic mean?
no symptom
no symptom of what?
is this normal? should i be worried?
ScottMa is pretty much saying that the white lines are a result of you biting the side of your cheeks.
could by leukoplakia, if it stays the same and doesn't cause pain then it's no problem. you have to keep an eye on it tho, much like a mole on your skin which is only ever a problem if it changes or bleeds, leukoplakia is no problem unless it develops a hard/rough texture. if this happens see someone straight away as it can be cancerous. i have the same thing, i got quite a fright when i read that scary word but like most people i have moles too, it's just another thing to keep an eye on