Dental Health Expert Forum
wisdom teeth maybe dislocated jaw

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

wisdom teeth maybe dislocated jaw

hi i few months ago when i yawn i feel  a pop really loud in my jaw no i never had tmj .then my muscle of the face started tightning  i have been having pain in the jaw and neck because it seem i getting muscle spasm .. Also i noticed my teeth started shifting due to wisdom teeth. My worried beside the wisdom teeth coming out that i  may i have dislocated my jaw in the right side because beside the jaw i feel a really hard ball  below the earlobe when i touch it really hurt the jaw beside i can't open my mouth really big it hurts when i try. Also after the muscle tighting i started having really dry mouth. I use hot towel in my face for the muscle tighting and pain is also help with then dry mouth it go away .  I just want to known if the muscle tighting in the face may be a dislocated jaw  all this issue be related to that  please help me I'll really appreciated it
You should probably get checked out by a TMJ specialist to see if your symptoms are related to the TMJ popping.  There is a definite possibility with the muscle strain that opening and closing the jaw as well as pain is related to the TMJ but I'm not sure about the mouth dryness at this point.  

As for the teeth moving, it probably isn't due to the wisdom teeth as people without wisdom teeth have their teeth move as well.
also the wisdom teeth came out in the right side but the left is half out that woried me because it may not be my wisdom teeth please help
The problem is i only heard it pop one time after that my jaw started tighting it keep my mouth opening big due to the tightning also the pain that why i think i may have dislocated jaw
It would be best to see a TMJ specialist to see if maybe there's a way to either 1) pop it back into place or 2)evaluate the area and possible get some exercises, home care and medication to help the area heal.

Thank you so much
Best wishes!