Dental Health Expert Forum
wisdom teeth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

wisdom teeth

Im 7mo and all 4 of my wisdom teeth are coming in. i was planning on getting them removed. there is a lot of discomfort of them pushing my teeth together but i don't know if i should do it know i know im pregnant.
I would recommend consulting with your dentist.  I think if its not too severe in regards to discomfort, it may be best to wait it out.  But the dentist may be able to help alleviate some of the discomfort until you deliver.  

Im in need of a root canal, I'm 20 weeks and lately if I chew on my left side my tooth gets a ball of pus & it tastes gross. Can this affect my baby in any way? It hurts from time to time but its tolerable...for now. And a root canal is $1000
Yes, an infection can affect your overall health and can affect your pregnancy.  If there is pus developing, its going to be a chronic infection that won't go away anytime soon.  

If there is an issue with cost, you may want to contact your local dental society or local dental school to seek treatment.  It may take longer to get treatment though.
Is it safe to do ANY dental procedures on a pregnant pt? For example a root canal? & what about antibiitics. I dont want to harm my baby, but I know untreating it will be worse.
Dental treatment is safe during pregnancy.  You're in your second trimester so its the best and most ideal time to get any treatment done.  Certain antibiotics and anesthetics are safer than others and your dentist should be aware of that.  You can always request your dentist to get medical clearance/consultation from your OB/GYN if you have any concerns.  Or discuss with your OB/GYN first prior to your dental visit.
Thank you very much for your time and help. I will do just that.