Dental Health Community
wisdom tooth extraction site - normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

wisdom tooth extraction site - normal?

24 days ago I had my 2 bottom wisdom teeth (impacted) removed. Today I noticed one of them appears almost totally filled with this brownish-yellowish-tan stuff. (The other hole is weird and sideways and I can't really see in there, also it got a dry socket so it's not normal anyway.) I have tried to rinse it out with the syringe but am afraid to use much force. I don't know if the stuff is hard or soft because I am afraid to poke at it also. I don't think it was there a few days ago (but I'm not sure). It has been 24 days since the extraction - does it seem like this could be that granulation stuff or some sort of healing substance filling the hole? Or is it more likely a bunch of food that I should make more of an effort to remove? The thought of the hole being filled with food (or anything that is not supposed to be there) REALLY FREAKS ME OUT. I mean I find it totally horrifying. So horrifying that when I became aware of the fact that there were actually HOLES in my jaw, about 5 days after the surgery, I swore that I would put but nothing liquids in my mouth until the holes were gone, and after 2 days of this I ended up back at the surgeon totally hysterical - like hyperventilating and sobbing because I was so upset by the fact that there were holes in my jaw and stuff could get stuck there (and also kind of malnourished). I am pretty ashamed of it now, but I was terrified at the time. Anyway needless to say I think the oral surgeon is just about sick of me and I hate to go see him (for the 4th time) for him to tell me that it's obviously bone or whatever filling the hole in. So, does it seem like it could it be healing/filling in after 24 days? Should I try to rinse more aggressively? Should I worry obsessively until I can go see the surgeon again Monday?
never mind...I worked it out (like literally) I know I'm young and naive but seriously, this has been the grossest experience of my life so far.