Dental Health Expert Forum
wisdom tooth removal soon after adjacent molar extraction concerns

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

On December 3rd I had 2nd molar extracted. It has healed well. Since then my dentist has said that he can remove the adjacent wisdom tooth himself under local (other dentist referred me to hospital). the wisdom tooth itself has "rotted" and all thats left is the root, so he said it will be a tricky and quite long job. I am concerned about this, knowing the bone is still healing and regrowing in the molar extraction socket next to it, and I am very worried about damage to the new bone that is still growing. I would rather put back the surgery a couple of months (the wisdom gives me almost no problems so it is not urgent) until the bones has completely healed. I would like to know your opinion on this please and hopefully set my mind at ease or confirm that I should indeed postpone the extraction a while. Thankyou for your opinion on this.
I would suggest you consult an oral surgeon.
Sorry I forgot to add that the wisdom extraction is due to be done on 23rd January. thankyou