Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Please respond! So confused! Physical and Mental, PTSD,BPD,Bulumia etc...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Please respond! So confused! Physical and Mental, PTSD,BPD,Bulumia etc

Subject:  Please respond! So confused! Physical and Mental, PTSD,BPD,Bulumia etc

Forum: The Mental Health Forum

I have so many problems, and questions, I truly hope somebody will give me some answers.  I am a 41 year old female.  I have been treated for 9 years for Severe depression, PTSD, Bulumia and BPD.  In the last few years I have had elevated liver enzymes.  I may have Autoimmune hepatitis or NASH.  Nobody is truly sure.  I have had a serious suicide attempt 3 years ago.  I overdosed on 1month supply of Depakote and high 1mos of Xanax-at 8mg per day.  Had some serious problems-open wounds for laying so long before found.  Severe infection, venilator etc.  Now for all the questions.  Now that I have tested positive for some Autoimmune diseases-mainly positive ANA, could autoimmune disease also cause severe depression.  My psychiatrist thinks the liver disease could be-since I have been real resistant to anti-depressants-just don't work well.  I have had a liver biopsy which shows fibrosis/cirrhosis.  Could the depakote caused my liver problems-when I was hospitalized they said I had no liver damage-I'm so confused.  I saw a hepatologist at IU and because of my mental health history I was treated very poorly.  I am a nurse-worked for 20 years off and on with depression and then just couldn't maintain anymore.  I'm currently on SSDI-did not have to appeal-I was that severe.  With my health problems I am finding it difficult to find a doctor that will listen to all the problems without judging me.  Could you also provide a referral to a doctor-for liver diseases that would treat me like a real person.  I live in Indiana and would be willing to travel to OH,MI.  I'm divorced with 2 children and want to live to finish raising them.  The hepatologist said eventually my liver would fail-transplant probably slim because of psych history.  I haven't been hospitalized for 3 years now-he said that was good.  He said I needed to improve my psychosocial status before I would get a liver transplant. Thanks for listening.  I would appreciate any information.

Follow Ups:

Re:  Please respond! So confused! Physical and Mental, PTSD,BPD,Bulumia etc HFHS.MD-AJ 3/31/1999
(0)