Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
ADD medication and mellowness
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ADD medication and mellowness

My 17 year old son has been taking Adderall (adderrall) XR for a few months.  He takes 30 mg twice a day.  It seems that when he is medicated he is very mellow.  He hasn't ever been hyperactive but his personality seems to be stifled when medicated.  It makes him easy to be around but I worry about the affect on his social life.  He has always been very quiet, shy and reclusive but the medication seems to make him even more so.  He is involved in extra-curricular sports activities in high school but seems to just stay home when not at events.  I worry that his extreme mellowness makes him rather dull to be around.  He seems happy though and his grades are very good.  We have tried other medications and the Adderall (adderrall) is the one that he likes the best.  Maybe I am worrying about nothing.