Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Adderall & diarrhea
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Adderall & diarrhea

Dear Dr,
I have been taking Adderall (adderrall) XR 40mg a day for a few years now. I take 20mg as soon as I wake up. I've had great success with it. However, it really gets my digestive system going so I usualy get loose stools or mild diarrhea. This doesn't botther me too much, but my MD didn't like the fact that this is a daily occurance (I guess she's worried about loss of electrolytes). So, last week, she lowered me down to 30mg a day. I am still having the same problem. My next appointment is in a few weeks. Is this really a cause for concern? It's not like I have to keep going to the bathroom multiple times. And, besides lowering the dose more, is there anything else that I could do to reduce this side effect?
Thanks,
Bree